Ben's Blog: Current Project Work

Thursday, March 24, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-



Throughout our Apprenticeship we work on a number of projects to help us develop our skills and also apply the things we have learnt at college.

At the moment, I am working on a project focussed on overhauling a machine which was bought by EGGER about 3 years ago. The project has been assigned a £10,000 budget which we have to consider throughout the job and I am working closely with the Mechanic Fitter to ensure our project is running to schedule, alongside our team managers and a project engineer to help us complete the project.

Currently we are working on building a stand for the machine alongside a platform for the operator to stand on. My part of this is to draw and create a new panel alongside creating a new simatic 7 programme. This programme allows the machine to carry out specific functions when a certain button is pressed, for example if the start button is pressed the input for this button will start it’s cycle through the ladder program. I was able to use the experience of a Control and Instrumentation Engineer to help build the program and also use my own experience of programming when at college on day release. My manager has also asked me to create the drawings for the electrical panel, as well as the cable identifications for each cable that is wired into the panel.

This is all great experience for me moving forward in my apprenticeship and the project will specifically support the completion of my college qualification.
Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you found it interesting!

In the meantime why not:

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram @eggerukcareers