Meet Abby, Geri and Matty, 3 more of our Social Media Team!

Monday, November 16, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-


Abby and Matty are our most recent Business Administration Apprentices and Geri  is our Administrative Support Assistant based at Hexham, here is a little introduction to each of them:
My name is: Abby (I am on the one of the left)
When did you join EGGER: 2015, following my A-Levels in English, Sociology and Business Studies at Queen Elizabeth High School.
Why did you choose EGGER: After finishing my A-Levels I decided that University was not the option for me. At this point I decided to apply for an apprenticeship instead, as this would provide both an education and the work experience that is valued in future job prospects. I believe EGGER is the best Company for me, as the departments you work in as a Business Apprentice are those that had interested me whilst I had been studying business.  
What are you currently working on: My first placement block is within the Customer Service department, where I am helping to obtain orders from customers and using our internal server to create orders and deliveries.
 

My name is: Geri (I am on the right)
When did you join EGGER: 2015, following my A-Levels in Applied Science, Business Studies and Creative Media Production at Prudhoe Community High School.  
Why did you choose EGGER: I had heard from a friend, who was already doing their apprenticeship at EGGER, about the Business Administration scheme which interested me so I decided to along to the Open Day. This event gave me all the information I required and made me realise that this was something I was interested in pursuing. Although I did originally apply for the Business   Administration apprentice role, I was offered the Administrative Support Assistant position, based within the Customer Services department. Although I am not on the rotational apprenticeship scheme, I have been offered the same opportunities as the other apprentices; including completing the same qualification as them, the only real difference being that I do not rotate around   departments; which all in all, I feel is the best direction for me.  
What are you currently working on: At present, I am settling into my job role as the Customer Service Administrative Support Assistant. My tasks include; scanning, updating key information such   as price sheets, shortages documents and statistic graphs, as well as providing support throughout the department as required. Since joining, I have also completed a number of training courses such as Level 2 and Level 3 Microsoft Excel alongside gaining my CIEH Level 3 Award in Training. I found the CIEH certificate extremely interesting as tasks included; two days theory
  training, a written assignment, presentations (practice and real), peer assessments and self-
  assessments. Although challenging, this particular course has developed my skills in many areas,
  including written and verbal as well as increasing my confidence in developing and presenting
  presentations to different groups of people.

My name is: Matty
When did you join EGGER: 2015, following my A-Levels in Maths and Biology alongside my two Level 3 BTECs in Business Studies and IT at Queen Elizabeth High School.
Why did you choose EGGER: After finishing my A-Levels I knew that University was not something that I was interested in, I wanted to work full time and learn from inside a business. Although I had a keen interest in Finance, I wanted to gain a broad understanding of business which is why this apprenticeship was ideal. When I first applied for the apprenticeship scheme, I had already secured a Summer Placement at EGGER within the Finance Department. I would recommend the Summer Placements to anyone looking to get involved in any aspect of the business as you get a good understanding of how each department works.
What are you currently working on: Following our recent Apprentice Induction week which involved presentations from different key departments, alongside a trip to one of our Timberpak Sites and out with a member of the EGGER Forestry team, I am now settling into my apprenticeship. My first placement block is within Finance working as part of the controlling team, which involves a variety of work such as producing reports or analysis of key figures for different managers as they require it. We also set the budgets for all departments as well as key projects and monitor these throughout the year.
I am also working on a specific project relating to Timberpak and Barony which I will discuss in more detail within a future blog.

In our next blog, you will meet the final three members of our team, our Electrical Apprentices. 

Thank you for reading our blog, we hope you have found it interesting!

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram @eggerukcareers