Meet 2 of our Business Administration Apprentices!

Friday, November 06, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-




Here is our third blog, introducing you to the 2 second year Business Administration Apprentices based at Hexham, working in our social media team!

Charlotte (I am on the left hand side)

  • When did you join EGGER: 2014
  • Why did you choose EGGER: I actually started a University Course in Business Management at Edinburgh and found that this was not for me. Ideally I wanted to take a more practical approach to learning about business and when I heard about this apprenticeship I felt that this would be the best option for me. 
  • What are you currently working on: Throughout my first year I spent time in Customer Services and Logistics. I have recently moved to Purchasing where I am getting involved in the buying of products and services for the whole business. Part of my role involves meeting with suppliers and learning how to negotiate prices.
Natalie (I am on the right hand side):

  • When did you join EGGER: 2014, after completing my A-Levels in English Language, Applied Science and Sociology at Prudhoe Community High School.
  • Why did you choose EGGER: At the end of my A-levels I was unsure whether University was something I wanted to do, so I started to consider other options. I saw the Open Day advertised in the local paper and at school and thought I would go a long to get a better understanding of the opportunities available. After attending, I knew that EGGER was a Company that I wanted to be a part of. It was clear from the information I was given that each department I would spend time in was different, which would give me a broad understanding of the business.  
  • What are you currently working on: I spent time in Logistics including Despatch and Production Planning during my first year, alongside 6 months in Customer Services. I have now started my placement in Finance and I’m currently in Purchase Ledger. This is where all invoices for EGGER UK (including Timberpak, Barony, Campact and Forestry) are processed and posted. I work with my colleagues posting invoices using the SAP system and check through any statements we receive off our suppliers to ensure all their invoices are processed.


Apprentice Open Day
We each came along to an Apprentice Open Day to get a better understanding of what an apprenticeship at EGGER had to offer and we would suggest that if you are interested you do the same. Our next one is scheduled for Thursday 12th November at our site in Hexham. We will be there answering any questions and showing people around the workshops.
More information about this can be found here: EGGER Apprentices
We also currently have an opportunity for an apprentice in our Transport department, you can find out all about this here: www.egger.com/jobs
Thank you for reading our blog, we hope you have found it interesting and we look forward to meeting you on our open day!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram @eggerukcareers