Meet the final three members of our social media team, our Electrical Apprentices!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-



Within our final introduction blog, read about Ben, Ryan and George, three of our electrical apprentices in Hexham!  
Ryan, Second Year Apprentice (I am on the left) 
  • When did you join EGGER: 2014, after 6th Form where I studied BTECs in Creative and Media alongside Triple Award Sport Science at Queen Elizabeth High School.  
  • Why did you choose EGGER: I have always had an interest in Electrics and when I saw the advert for the Apprentice Open Day in the local paper and heard about it at school, I thought it would be an interesting option for me after I finished school. I really enjoyed the Open Day and it gave me a lot of information about how good of an employer EGGER were and what the apprenticeship scheme had to offer.
  • What are you currently working on: Having recently come on site following my year at Rolls Royce and TyneMet College, I have joined the Site Services team and am shadowing their electricians and helping with basic tasks whilst I get used to the site.

 George, Third Year Apprentice (I am in the middle) 
  • When did you join EGGER: 2013, after completing my A-levels in PE, Economics, Product Design and Engineering at Queen Elizabeth High School.
  • Why did you choose EGGER: I wanted to become an apprentice at EGGER for a number of reasons, one was the number of friends I had who were already doing their apprenticeship at EGGER and all the good things they had to say about it. It is also a large employer, close to where I live which was ideal and I have always had an interest in Engineering and I thought this would be the ideal opportunity for me gain qualifications within the sector.
  • What are you currently working on: I have recently begun my first section of process training on Impregnation. Process training involves spending a month on each of the four main sections of the board making process, learning the process and getting to know the operators on the line. You are given a process and a technical question for each section. You then prepare and present a PowerPoint presentation to a range of managers, answering the questions given.    
Ben, Final Year Apprentice (I am on the right)
  • When did you join EGGER: 2012, straight after my A-Levels in ICT, Sports Science and Science at Prudhoe High School.  
  • Why did you choose EGGER: My Dad is a supervisor within the Raw Board Production part of the plant, so I knew a lot about EGGER from him. I also had an interest in Electrical Engineering, so I came along to the Apprentice Open Day and was impressed by the size of the plant and the chance it would give me to gain hands on electrical experience.
  • What are you currently working on: I am working in the recycling part of production and getting an understanding of how that part contributes to the whole process. I have also just been given my final year project which I will be working on and providing updates for in a future blog.

Thank you for reading our blog, we hope you have found it interesting! During our next blogs we will be giving you more of an insight into the work that we do and the projects that we are involved in, so keep an eye out for those!

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram @eggerukcareers