Abby's Post - An insight into the Business Administration Apprenticeship

Monday, January 11, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

 



As part of the business apprenticeship at EGGER, we have monthly visits from Lorraine who is our National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) provider from Access Training. At the end of two years in an administration apprenticeship with EGGER, all participants leave with an Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration.

The work which we produce for this is very closely linked to the work that we carry out in our day to day jobs; often becoming a theoretical reflection of our practical work. This allows my work to contribute to my development within the different departments as I can build further knowledge and understanding of the work being carried out.

I am currently working within the Customer Services Department at EGGER, I am therefore completing the Customer Services unit of my NVQ, which helps me to solidify my practical learning as well as learning new methods of performing my role within Customer Services.

I have been in the department for 4 months now and I am learning a range of skills that will help towards my NVQ, such as handling mail and storing and retrieving information. These form part of other units that will contribute towards my final qualification however are also key to my daily job.
Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you have enjoyed learning more about the set up of our Business Apprenticeship scheme.

We will have a new blog for you next week, so keep an eye out.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram @eggerukcareers