Geri's Post - Customer Service Training

Friday, December 18, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-


As part of my training, I spend each Thursday afternoon learning a different part of the Customer Service Assistant role. So far I have spent time with colleagues from the Distribution team, who are responsible for looking after customers who buy our products in bulk (wholesalers) to sell onto other companies in smaller quantities and also the Direct team, who look after customers who use our products to manufacture the end product to sell on.
During my training, they have shown me a range of things including:

  • How to complete GNRs (Goods return notice, this is the process we have to follow when a customer returns a product to allow it to be credited and put back onto stock)  
  • Updating price sheets
  • How to organise a workflow
  • Who to ring when I need specific information

When I am not spending time with someone one on one, I organise orders in the systems and arrange deliveries, this all gives me the opportunity to speak to customers and develop my confidence on the telephone.


Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you have found it interesting! Our next blog will come in the New Year, so we hope you have a great Christmas and look out for more posts in 2016.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram @eggerukcareers