Matty and Abby's Second Placement

Monday, December 19, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-




 
Abby and Matty have recently finished their second six month placements.
 
Abby

I have just finished my placement with the Logistics division at EGGER, during this 6 months I worked in both the Transport and Production Planning departments.
 
 In Transport, I helped to:
 
·       Pay hauliers.
·       Ensure that invoice were processed and paid for any extra collections and drops.
·       Plan which hauliers would cover which deliveries, taking into consideration their preferences and to ensure efficiency.
 
Whilst in Production Planning, I enjoyed getting to see more of the factory and understand how each line is planned to ensure that production continues and is done in the most efficient manner. I also gained an understanding on how the team plan correctly to ensure that all the raw materials are ready on time to confirm that production is not affected or held up.
 
I also had the opportunity to visit our Barony Site in Scotland, to get an overview of how their production is scheduled to help ensure that they are able to fully support Hexham’s requirement for raw board, which is then upgraded. 
 
I enjoyed my time within Logistics as I was able to learn more about the Production side of the business and understand how much goes into producing our final product. I developed my organisational and communication skills as I was talking to hauliers and members of the Production teams.
 
I have now just started my Finance Placement.
 
Matty

I have just completed my placement within Customer Service.
My time within the Department was split between 3 different sections;
 
·       Direct customers – this is where we deal with customers that use our products to make kitchens, bedroom furniture, bathrooms etc.
·       Distribution – in this section we deal with the large distributors who buy our products in bulk to sell onto smaller companies.
·       EGGER Retail Products – This section is slightly different as it is separate from the rest of the Customer Services department and only sells the laminate flooring that is produced at our plant over in Brilon, Germany.
 
Out of the 3 sections, I spent the longest time in distribution and was therefore able to take on more responsibility, which presented a good challenge for me. My responsibilities included:
 
·       Inputting my customer’s orders onto our system
·       Checking to see which products were ready for delivery
·       Raising deliveries to make sure that my customers received their orders by the date required.
 
I also dealt with a lot of telephone enquiries, regarding what products we had in stock and whether specific orders had been processed and manufactured, queries about prices and whether we offer (or can produce) certain products.
 
I met a lot of new colleagues in Customer Services and also had contact with Production Planning and the Transport department.
 
Working in Customer Services has definitely increased my product knowledge and also helped to improve my ability to prioritise tasks, as I had to ensure customer orders were put promptly on the system to ensure that they would be ready for the customer in time. I also had to ensure that I raised deliveries by a certain time so I had to prioritise which orders I needed to enter for them to be able to go on the delivery.
 
I have now finished the rotation part of my apprenticeship as I have successfully gained the position of Assistant Management Accountant, which is part of the Controlling team within Finance. I will write a blog soon regarding my new role.
 
 
We hope you have enjoyed this blog and our others throughout 2016.
We will have a lot of new blogs for you coming in the new year but in the meantime we hope you have a great Christmas!
 
 
 
Like us on Facebook
 
Follow us on Instagram @eggerukcareers